Well, my last post was March 2 and I said I was so ready to see little man.....little did I know 6 days later he would be in my arms.
So...where do I start. I'll start with March 9, 2010. I had a doctor's appointment that day and I was so excited because I was going to have a sonogram and see if "Baby J" (who we all know as Jackson today) had flipped. He was frank breech at the time and the doctor could hear the heart beat below my belly button so I was in high hopes that he had turned. Jason took off work to go with me that day because he always did when I had sonograms. We got to the doctor and they called us back right away into the room to do the sonogram. Immediately we knew he had not flipped. The lady took an awful long time to do the sonogram this time. She kept looking and measuring and looking some more. I asked her if everything was ok and she said yes that Jackson was doing fine. His heartbeat was strong, his kidneys were good, etc.. So when she left the room to give me time to get dressed I told Jason that she took too long doing the sonogram and I wondered if something was up. Well we went back to a room where we could talk to the doctor and of course he told us that Jackson had not flipped yet. So I asked if we were probably going to be looking at having a section and he said yes probably. He then said there was a slight problem with the amniotic fluid in the placenta. Next, he made a statement that almost made me throw up, yet giggle with excitement. He said if I had been 37 weeks he would have taken the baby that day because of the low amniotic fluid. I think my eyes got as big as half dollars as I turned to look at Jason (who's eyes were about the same size). The doctor went on to say that he wanted me to go home and get off my feet to rest, drink at least 6 huge glasses of water to see if we could get the fluid level back up. We were to come back at 10:30 the next morning to measure the fluid level again. So we left the doctor's office in awe of what we had just heard. All I could think about is that nothing was ready....his room...his clothes...nothing. We had the baby bed up and that was about it. I called Mom and told her and she about flipped! ha! I called Lori and she started helping me prepare. She went and bought me pajamas and 3 premie outfits for Jackson....because the doctor said he was only 5 lbs. 9oz. I drank water until I was sick and felt like a balloon that was about to burst because it had been overfilled with water. I washed clothes and packed a bag and tried to get some last minute things done because I had a feeling that Jackson would be with us the next day. I (for some odd reason) had already prepared myself to have a section. I was determined to not let it get the best of me and also I thought I'd rather have it 4 weeks early than wait 4 more weeks. This way I would already be in the healing process when he was supposed to arrive. So I went to bed that night and prayed that Jackson would be ok and that whatever needed to happen would happen. The next morning, March 10, I got up and had to start drinking water AGAIN. Uh...I did not want to drink anymore water. I was still full from the night before. I went on to work that morning because of MCT testing, and while I was monitoring in the hallway I wrote notes for my sub just in case. Thank heavens I didn't procrastinate about getting my lesson plans done for my sub. I finished them the previous week. I was starting to get nervous. I had all these thoughts going through my mind like...Am I ready for this? Will I be a good mom? Did I forget to pack anything? etc, etc...
Jason met me at Dr. Hunt's office at 10:30. They pulled us back pretty quickly again into the sonogram room. It turns out that there was less amniotic fluid than than the day before. Immediately after the sonogram we went back into a room and Dr. Hunt said that we needed to go ahead and have Jackson. It was more dangerous for him to stay in my tummy than for him to come early. So off we went to the emergency room to get admitted to the hospital. I can't even describe how we felt....even now I feel that feeling while I am writing about it. We were excited, but nervous, happy, but unsure why there was such a problem, anxious, and did I say excited?! :o) We were calling everyone to let them know. Mom was at work and dropped everything to come. Teresa had just gotten off work and zoomed down. As soon as we got upstairs to the triage room I made Jason go home and check on the dogs. We had called everyone and all were on their way. This was about 12:00.
Jackson just woke up...needs to eat....more to come!


No comments:
Post a Comment