In other news, we have been after our builder to get the baby's room painted so we can actually start getting it ready and he finally got that done. The other thing we have been waiting on is for Jason's truck to get out of the shop. It had been in there since before Christmas and we just got it back on Thursday, I guess it was...like Jan. 21st. So Jason spent Saturday in Olive Branch getting the baby bed from Robyn, which by the way the bed is fabulous!!
He also got the glider from Mamoo's house that is about to be torn down for the highway to go through there. I think Teresa is going to paint it white for us so that it will match everything else. So we set the bed up this past weekend and set up the changing table and hung the curtains.
I washed all of the little clothes we have been given so far and folded them up. We still have a lot to do and a lot to get for this child! We should be ordering his dresser sometime soon. He still needs clothes (which I am sure I will get plenty of) and diapers and socks and mittens and bottles and....should I keep going? hah!
Did I mention how hard it is to change the sheet in this baby bed??????????? Really.....Really? Does it have to be that hard? I have decided I am going to pull the matress out of the bed, put the sheet on, and then put the matress back in the bed. It is ridiculous! I am sure that is not the only thing that is going to be hard, but I wasn't expecting it to be that difficult!


love love love the progress in the room!! it looks soooo good :-)
ReplyDeleteYou'll get plenty of clothes. I promise ;-) You look soo cute. I can hardly believe he'll be here in a few months. It seems like yesterday you called me. I'm sooo excited for you guys and love you lots.
I have to take the mattress out to change it too. This trick works great for me! Layer waterproof mattress pads and sheets (pad, sheet, pad, sheet, pad, sheet). That way in the middle of the night all you have to do is pull off the top set and then you are all set and don't have to go through the hassle half asleep. Just make sure your pads are vinyl backed so it doesn't soak through.
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see an update! You look so cute and the room looks awesome! I love that paint color!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! We are so excited!!!!! Leanne, thanks for the helpful hint. I will get right on that because that is a pain in the bootie!!!!! Talk to ya'll soon!!
ReplyDelete