Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 3

July 27- I woke up this morning after Jason already left for work, ate my breakfast, and took my prenatal vitamins as usual (We are still trying to get pregnant and I have been taking my vitamins for about 2 months now.) As I was standing in the kitchen eating my breakfast, all of a sudden I have this major urge to throw up. I ran in the bathroom and gagged for a minute or two but never accomplished anything. I NEVER throw up or even gag unless I am really sick. I hadn't felt sick or been around anyone who could have given me a bug. Then I started thinking about how difficult it had been that morning to eat my poptart and drink my milk. The idea that I might be pregnant crossed my mind. I got dressed and went up to Della Davidson (my school) and told Lori about the incident. She immediately asked me if I had taken a pregnancy test, of course I had not, so she proceeds to forcefully encourage me to go get a test. I didn't really want to because if I was not pregnant I would be really disappointed. She finally talked me into going and getting a test. I went to Wal-greens and got a test and brought it back up there. I just got the generic test, the cheapest one, because I didn't want to waste money if I wasn't pregnant. So as soon as I get back in the building Lori basically pushes me in the bathroom and I take the test. The next thing I know she is standing outside the door saying "I'm waiting!". I opened the door and let her in the bathroom with me. We both looked at the test and there was a light blue line! This test either blank meant you were not pregnant or a line meant you were. The line was so light I was unsure, but it was a line, so was I pregnant. I immediately decided I would go get one of those pregnancy tests that said "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant" that evening. Before going to the store, I went to find Lauren and show her the test. She knew Jason and I were trying already. And I said to her, "There is a blue line so does that mean...." We agreed it probably did. I went to Wal-Mart and got one of those tests before going home that afternoon. I went ahead and took it and it said "PREGNANT"!!!!!! So I started thinking of how I wanted to tell Jason. I always told him that I was going to buy a baby name book and give it to him to let him know I was pregnant but I had a volleyball tourney the 28th so I started thinking of other ways. I bought him some dark chocolate at Wal-Greens that day (he had a bad day the day before) and so I already had a note on the coffee table for him to find that night when he came home. It said "Hope these chocolates make your day better. I love you. Love, Wen" so I added an extra part to the bottom of the note that said "Oh and P.S" and had an arrow facing the next page so that when he opened it up it would say "You're gonna be a daddy!" with a big smiley face on it. I put BOTH pregnancy tests in the folded part of the paper. When he came home from work I told him there was a surprise on the table for him. I was sitting on the couch and he was sitting on the floor by the coffee table. He picked up the entire note and the tests fell out, but he eventually realized what it was and he just looked up at me and said "Really?" and smiled really big! He asked me when I did all this and I told him about the day. He was really excited! That night we went out to eat to celebrate and we called my mom and his mom. Teresa was estatic, so much so that she kept saying "Are you serious???" over and over! I think she must have been crying too. My mom was excited too. I told Momma B and Paw too. We told them that we weren't telling anyone just yet so they couldn't tell. Then we called Candace and Louis and told them too! We wanted to tell everyone but I wanted to go to the doctor first and make sure. So I called and got an appointment for August 12th. It seems like it will be forever before I get to go to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment