Happily Married

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Week 7 Day 1



What a day this was and not in a good way. Just a normal Friday, seemed like the work day would never pass. We were supposed to go to the movies to see "District 9" that night but it didn't work out that way. I was coming home after volleyball practice thinking about going to see Dale for his birthday and eat with the family when a little guy (somewhere between 12-15 years old--he said he was born in 1994--but I have heard otherwise) pulled out in front of me, lost control of his car, fish tailed, and came right back into my driver's side, passenger door. He sent me out of control almost all the way around in a circle. I didn't lose conciousness but all I remember is trying to keep my eyes open after it happened and fumbling for the phone to call Jason. I didn't start crying until I heard Jason's voice. I was trying to tell him where I was (which was about only 500 feet from the apartment we were staying in) and he couldn't understand me. Thankfully a lady who saw the wreck had come to my car to see about me and I think she told him where we were. She just happened to be a nurse practictioner. I was not calm at this point, my legs and arms were numb, and my neck and lower back was hurting. I told her I was 7 weeks pregnant and that I had a bulging disk in my neck. By this time several people had stopped and exited their cars to see if they could help. I remember another lady who called 911 and the nurse told her to tell them I was 7 weeks pregnant. They wouldn't let me get out of the car. They wanted me to take the ambulance to the hospital, so I did. I didn't get to see my car that night. They took me in the ambulance to the hospital. I had a million thoughts in my head...Why me? Is the baby ok? What was that kid thinking? Great, now more medical bills. I just paid off my car. Jason told me it looked pretty bad, did it total it? I was so upset I was shaking. They did a CT scan of my neck and found everything was ok. They did a chest x-ray and it was fine. They didn't want to risk anymore x-rays to do my shoulder since the other 2 checked out ok and since I was pregnant. They said as long as I didn't have any bleeding or cramping that they thought the baby would be ok. They released me and I tried to sleep it off all weekend. We went to see the car the next day and it freaked me out because of how close he came to hitting my door. I think God had his hand on my door and siad you can't hit her front door. I didn't want to stay long. I wanted to get out of there! Monday I stayed home from work and called Dr. Hunt's office. He was not in that day but Dr. Patton wanted to see me. Jason took me and they did another ultrasound and asked me some questions. By the grace of God the baby is ok. Its heartbeat was 158 beats a minute! It has grown. It doesn't look like a little peanut anymore! They took more pictures. Everyone is ok. I am sore and my neck is giving me fits but I will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. now this one makes me think it's gonna be a boy...man! I'm never right anyway. :o)

    ReplyDelete